Voting

Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Kona vacation

So this was my first time to Hawaii, we stayed on the Kona coast of the Big Island and boy was it a big beautiful island!  My two daughters and I spent seven fun filled days checking out the sights and relaxing in between.  We made flower leis, took a helicopter flight over an active volcano, toured the macadamia chocolate factory (mmmmmmm), zip lined and that was just a part of it.  So much fun, thank you Hawaii!


  Yummy tasty salad from Bongo Bens in Kailua, Kona.


Delaney and Macy posing by our hotel.

Add caption
This is a gecko and the joke is don't talk to him or he'll try and sell you insurance (if you are familiar with Geiko Insurance you'll think that's funny).  These little green guys were everywhere.



Our new friends we met on the Paradise Helicopter tour, Hi Phillip and Caroline!


The only time I was afraid on the helicopter was when we were over the lava, I got to sit up front beside the pilot and I could see all around me.  I wasn't very brave at that point!!


 We had a marvelous time!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, so so sooo fun! i am happy that you got to go, but oh so very jealous too! i want to see more pics!!

    ReplyDelete