Voting

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Two weeks of fun at Hillsboro Beach

I'm back!!  Just got home from 2 weeks at the cottage, so... much... fun!  First thing I did was make some decorations to hang around the place.

















Myself and my two daughters spend 2 weeks here along with my sister and her daughter, we've done it for the last 5 years, choosing this place because this is where we went as kids.  
You can hear the frogs croaking in the lagoon with the leaves gently swaying above your head all the while the sound of the lake rolling onto the beach just below. 


We took long walks...

in the woods...

along wheat and corn fields...

and in an old cemetery...

we antiqued...

picked cherries...

and visited with old friends (and some new ones)...

 we even went to the local auction (that's our new favorite thing to do because they have hot dogs with onions and home made pie)!  Not to mention the incredible antiques that wouldn't fit into my suitcase
 (a bed and dresser were calling my name) but some old canning jars did.

We drove up to Mackinac Island and spent the night,  I'll show you more pictures of that later cause that will be a whole blog of its own!
I read 5 books and did exactly what I wanted, sometimes that was doing nothing at all!  The weather for our holiday was hot and humid,  too humid for a holiday just like a holiday should be! 
I can't say I'm glad to be home, I could stay there forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment