Voting

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ruffled towel

I saw these at a friends house and thought they were cute, so I snapped a quick
 cellphone picture and filed it in my brain under "make some of these later",
  today was later. 
  




I bought a white hand towel at Marshall's and a 3 yd. package of seam binding at Walmart.


I started by sewing a stitch down either side of the seam binding to secure it,
 then sewed a long stitch down the middle that I would use to gather it with.



Before gathering I marked and cut the seam binding to make 3 of the same length, then I gathered each piece to match the width of the towel and pinned it them to the towel, spacing the rows evenly.


I sewed each row down the middle of the ruffle, backstitching at either end.
Boom, done!  Kinda cute huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment